[clug] stupid Communications ministers

John Fletcher fletchnet at internode.net.au
Fri Nov 17 20:53:12 GMT 2006

From: Alex Satrapa <grail at goldweb.com.au>
> It's more
> important that we get broadband of any flavour out to everyone it can
> possibly reach, than it is to get city folk a stronger hit of their
> favourite addiction.

I think you have a point there.  The reality is that we can get pretty fast
broadband at the moment, yet how many people have taken up the fastest
broadband possibly available to them?  Perhaps 1% of the market, at a guess.
Not to say improving broadband speeds is a bad idea - it's a nice
convenience / cool thing.  Compare that to getting broadband instead of
dialup - it completely changes your "internet experience" (or something).

Fletch