[clug] Audio Player

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 22:58:25 GMT 2006

> How do you have it setup? I am using Ubuntu Edgy with Gnome and running amarok 1.4.3 with a sqlite database.

Ubuntu Dapper and KDE. Can't recall which amarok, but less than 6
months old. I'm pretty sure the issues relate to my music living on
another box. I need to share audio with a Windows client, another
Linux client and sometimes stream it out via Slimserver, so I have my
CDs as FLAC in a central location along with other audio (eg podcasts)
as mp3 etc.

It's obvious from the amarok interface (Add to Playlist I think) that
the idea of content living somewhere other than the machine running
amarok wasn't in the mind of at least the UI designer and possibly not
in the minds of the coders. Unlike other apps, there's no option to
add networked content to the database. Or none that I could find but I
would be delighted to be proved blind to the obvious.  :-)

--
MC