[clug] RE: Why switch to Linux

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 21:42:19 GMT 2006

On 11/10/06, Robin Shannon <robin at shannon.id.au> wrote:

> I don't know if you have given vi or emacs a try, but i really
> recommend making the effort to learn the basics of one of the two (or
> even better both).

A fine idea, but I'd suggest casting the net wider than vi or emacs if
you're accustomed to textpad. While I happen to quite like vi (and
it's essential for remotely doing stuff via ssh connections) I think
that there are many other excellent text editors out there for linux
that would bear looking at. Gedit from the Gnome world and Kate from
KDE are both fine choices and I happen to like Kate myself.

Beyond those, I suspect that a quick search for "Linux text editors"
would trun up more possibilities than you'd care to look at.

Cheers,
MC