[clug] Pioneer computers

Ramana Kumar ramana.kumar at gmail.com
Fri May 26 13:34:56 GMT 2006

i've had a pioneer laptop for about 4 months now - i'm quite happy
with it =) none of the hardware has actually broken...
what could i say... they custom built everything exactly as i wanted
(and anything wrong with it i can almost blame myself for...)
the keyboard requires more definite keystrokes than the other
keyboards i use... something to do with the mechanism... it's not a
major problem though - this may be something true of all laptop
keyboards (and just what i'm used to).
the screen hinge is fine - though i haven't had it long. i don't
expect it to break..
the fan can be a bit noisy (this may be because i have a 2ghz
processor usually doing something like foldingathome) - but at least
it's in a more useful place than on the bottom (it's on the side where
the air can actually come out).
i carry it around in a targus backpack (sometimes on a bicycle) - i
guess that's the extent of my durability test.
let me know if you'd like anything more specific from me.
ramana