[clug] Pioneer computers

Chris Smart chris at kororaa.org
Sun May 21 12:37:07 GMT 2006

On Sunday 21 May 2006 14:46, Michael Manning wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am looking at purchasing the dual core 64bit Pioneer laptop that is
> due out in early June.
Hi, I used to sell Pioneer laptops when I worked at a local computer shop
years ago. I would never buy one myself.

Pioneer use generic low-quality components, batteries usually die after a
month and the case build is not great. Mind you this might have changed 5+
yrs later.

The thing I'd be asking, is not "are they ok?" but "does anyone own a pioneer
laptop that they are thrilled with, and if so, why?".

My personal opinion; save your money and buy a brand name.

-c