[clug] uPnP clients and servers

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Fri Mar 31 03:16:41 GMT 2006

Tim Potter wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-03-25 at 17:47 -0800, Michael Still wrote:
>

>>My very limited reading at the time suggests that uPnP sits on HTTP,
>>much like webdav, so I wonder why there isn't an Apache module to do all
>>of this...
>
> Yeah it's basically a SOAP client/server setup, with some multicast UDP
> thrown in for service location and discovery.  I've abandoned some
> twisted python code[1] for both server and client side stuff because the
> hardware was a piece of junk, but someone else has picked it up and
> started to do something useful[2] with it.

Thanks for the reference. I downloaded pymediaserver and it didn't
immediately work, so I've started hacking on it... Interestingly, the
MP101 asks for a different ContentDirectory than your hardware, and
seems to cause the HTTPChannel to freeze after a POST once that was fixed.

So, more coding for me!

Mikal