[clug] Selling a PC and getting a laptop

Pascal Klein 4pascal at tpg.com.au
Sun Mar 12 06:10:07 GMT 2006

Hi list,

I'm wanting to get myself a laptop, a desktop replacement actually.
I've been looking around for a while now and I've seen many models from
a heap of different places. Sadly the laptop I was mostly interested in
which features no windows tax costs me 200 USD to get in from the
States, so I'm probably going to go for a Dell Inspiron model.  I like
their Inspiron models because of the larger screens, such as the 17"
widescreens (after all I would like to get a desktop replacement).

I was wondering about two things here, whether anyone has had much
experience with Ubuntu on any Dell Inspirons (namely 6000, 630m, 6400,
and  the 9400 models), and whether someone would be willing to buy my
PC off me.

I bought it last year at the computer fair here in Canberra at EPIC.
Main features - AMD 2200 Sempron, 80 GB HD, 16x DVD burner. I'd be
happy to install Ubuntu on it, such as preparing it for a mum, dad or
grandma to use. ;)

Cheers,
Pascal

--