[clug] Sendmail and SPAM

Nerdvana - Steve Walsh S.walsh at nerdvana.com.au
Thu Mar 9 02:57:15 GMT 2006

Hi CLUGers

I've got a client site with Sendmail and Spamassassin running along happily
with tagging and Blacklists. What I now need to do is script (or download)
some rules to allow Per-User control as to blacklists.

For example, the blacklists (SMTP.Sorbs SPAM.Sorbs, HTTP.Sorbs and
block.Sorbs) reject all mail. I need mail sent to addresses like feedback@
or joe.smith@ to bypass the blacklist checks and have all mail delivered,
appendage increasement offers and all.

Something in the back of my mind is knocking on a box trying to get out and
say "It can't be done, don't make a fool of yourself", but it shouldn't be
that hard a thing to do (unless my understanding of how blacklists and
sendmail play together are so totally screwed it's not funny)

Anyone have any thoughts?

Regards

Steve.