[clug] Elphel Open-Source Video Camera

Michael James Michael.James at csiro.au
Wed Jun 21 05:39:46 GMT 2006

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 01:01 pm, Ben wrote:

> I looked around yesterday, but I couldn't find anything decent that
> goes over basic concepts. When I tutor someone, I use a pen and paper
> for the first session, and for the second session I bring out some
> hardware, but I don't even get them to plug in the power. Every video
> I've seen seems to jump far too quickly to left-click/right-click and
> the introduction to the hardware was no more than listing some
> acronyms that will never be remembered, and some functions that
> couldn't be understood by anyone the video is purportedly targeting.

Yep, that's how we used to do it, Start off with,
 "Solder these 8 pins to the rails on the motherboard,
   they are going to be our data bus."

Kids these days ...

Michael James                         michael.james at csiro.au
System Administrator                    voice:  02 6246 5040
CSIRO Bioinformatics Facility             fax:  02 6246 5166

No matter how much you pay for software,
 you always get less than you hoped.
Unless you pay nothing, then you get more.