[clug] Finding a reliable DNS secondary

Conrad Canterford conrad at mail.watersprite.com.au
Tue Jun 20 04:58:21 GMT 2006

Leigh Purdie said:
> While I had a dynamic IP address, I chose 'changeip.com' as my DNS
> server providers. They've been so good/reliable that I have kept them
> on even though I'm now static.
> I think they're a bit more than 9.95 though - from memory, around 25Au
> a year or something.
> Leigh.

For the same reason as Leigh, I use zoneedit.com for all my dns needs
(both primary and secondary). They've been very reliable, and the only
real issue I have is remembering my password to log into their (web based)
management system when I *do* need to change something. They provide the
ability to set a good range of DNS stuff, plus other mail and web
functionality. And they come at an unbeatable price of $0.00 provided
you're hosting less than 5 domains. I don't think that has changed.

They did once several years ago appear to revert my setup to an older
setup - not sure how or why that happened, but that is the only hiccup I
recall in the 6 or more years I've been using them.

I do not have any relationship with them beyond being a happy customer.

Conrad.