[clug] Postscript Graphing Library for programming

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Mon Jun 19 04:58:08 GMT 2006

On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 12:48:36PM +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> Gnuplot is nice, but by god are the graphs it produces ugly by default!
> Is there an easy way of tarting them up a bit?

Yes.  For some definition of "tarting them up".
You can control the fonts, color, line style, fill style position of key
range, major tics, minor tics, logscale etc etc.

They're still ugly but they look a lot better.  Of course when you're
producing 50+ you're less inclined to "tart" each one up.  I went for
the defaults for all of my graphs apart from a few which I needed to be
readable across the room for a presentation.

If you have a specific "I want this to look better" instance send it
through and I'll have a play (of course this offer applies only after
Wednesday ;P)

Yours Tony

   linux.conf.au       http://linux.conf.au/ || http://lca2007.linux.org.au/
   Jan 15-20 2007      The Australian Linux Technical Conference!