[clug] Dapper no sound

David Tulloh david at tulloh.id.au
Sat Jun 17 13:18:01 GMT 2006

I have a VIA Mobo with a VT8237 chipset and working sound, using the
snd_via82xx driver.  I suspect that your biggest problem is hardware
based, something should be coming up in lspci.  Until that happens I
don't think the module will matter, this is my lspci line:

0000:00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc.
VT8233/A/8235/8237 AC97 Audio Controller (rev 60)

Is it possible that the soundcard is disabled in the bios?

David