[clug] Linux Learners Group idea

Stephen Rothwell sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Thu Jun 15 01:39:06 GMT 2006

You might like to get in contact with the PCUG's SIG called "Linux
Learners Group" ...

http://www.pcug.org.au/activities/sigs.htm

They have been running for several years now.

"Why use Linux? People have different reasons. Some use it as a virus and
spyware countermeasure, others are attracted to robust software or the
bonus is that it is usually free.

The SIG is for newcomers and early-adopters of Linux. We currently meet
three times a month for presentations and hands-on discussion:

    * from 10:00am until midday, alternately at the PCUG Centre, Holder
(first Thursday) and Wests Rugby Club, Macquarie (third Thursday) plus
    * from 7:30pm until 9:30pm at PCUG Holder (second Tuesday). See the PCUG
Wiki (http://www.pcug.org.au/oss/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=PCUG.PCUGLinuxSIG) for
dates and agenda.

Come along to a meeting with your Linux queries or problems and bring your
hardware too. Preferably email Rod or Richard beforehand.  There is a SIG
discussion forum available to all PCUG members. See our website
(http://www.pcug.org.au/LinuxSIG/) for details and more Linux
information."

They actually call CLUG the "Advanced Linux Users Group" :-)
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr at canb.auug.org.au
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/