[clug] Long term PIM in Linux

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Fri Jun 9 01:30:02 GMT 2006

Li-Jie Wong wrote:
> I use a Nokia 6680 which is a Symbian Series 60 phone. KDE-pim doesn't
> seem to have detailed support for nokia according to
> http://www.pi-sync.info/html/projects.html? Or is it pim.kde.org? A
> search for "site:pim.kde.org nokia" shows no rsults though. Correct me
> if I got the wrong URL.
> Anyway if I do run wine/qemu/vmware, doesn't that mean that I'll need to
> run Outlook too, for the Nokia PCSync software to talk to and grab data
> from? And if I'm going to run Outlook in an emulator then I don't see
> much reason to leave WinXP.

My main point here is that there really isn't any reason (excuse?) to
stick with Windoze because one or two (or more) apps don't (yet) work
properly under Linux. If you don't already know the reason to leave
WinXP, then you may as well stick with it.

(Li-Jie is a personal friend, so for those looking on, please don't
get the impression that I am being harsh on a "newbie"!).

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.