[clug] Re: Anyone got Ubuntu Dapper?

Ambrose Andrews ambrose at vrvl.net
Sat Jun 3 03:30:47 GMT 2006

On Sat, 2006-06-03 at 12:56 +1000, Robin Shannon wrote:
> On 02/06/06, Steven Hanley <sjh at svana.org> wrote:
> <snip />
> > Well mirror.linux.org.au/linux.anu.edu.au (same machine) has all the 6.06
> > stuff {ubuntu,kubuntu,edubuntu} so anyone on aarnet in Canberra can get it
> > from there fairly fast (at ANU it will be around 10 MB/s)
> >

> It seems to require a username and password for a search (and no
> obvious way of getting either), a google site search doesn't come up
> with anything ubuntu related (or rather it comes up with some posts
> from the mirror of the slug list) and mirror.linux.org.au/ubuntu gets
> a 404. Am i missing something?

hmm the directory indexes being prohibited over http is a bit of a pain
its true..

ftp reveals things though:

ftp://mirror.linux.org.au/ubuntu-releases/6.06/

which in turn work over http too:

http://mirror.linux.org.au/ubuntu-releases/6.06/

lots of goodies there.

  -AA.

--
Ambrose Andrews
LPO box 8274 ANU Canberra ACT 2601
xmpp:ambrose at jabber.fsfe.org
irc:{undernet:znalo|freenode:znalo}
http://www.vrvl.net/~ambrose/
m:+61_415544621
h:+61_262305976
w:+61_261256749
mailto:ambrose at vrvl.net
sip:znalo at ekiga.net
CE38 8B79 C0A7 DF4A 4F54  E352 2647 19A1 DB3B F823