[clug] Mandrake adding static routes

Adrian Blake adrian.blake at ieee.org
Thu Jun 1 03:46:22 GMT 2006

I have mandriva 2006 and I wish to add a static route to a network thus:

route add -net x.x.x.x netmask x.x.x.x gw x.x.x.x

I could do this in /etc/rc.local  but I only wish to do it when I have a particular network profile, e.g.when connected at work
but not at home. That I would assume would mean editing something in /etc/netprofile, but what?

I could put a case statement into /etc/rc.local if I knew what network profile was being used, but I cannot locate that
information. I don't think it is part of the environment.

Adrian
--
Adrian Blake
Molonglo Radio Observatory