[clug] another KDE question

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Mon Jul 31 07:25:54 GMT 2006

On Thursday 27 July 2006 14:19, Robert Edwards wrote:
> Mainly for Brad, but if anyone else knows the answer...
>
> In my home directory, KDE has put a directory .kde, with some sub-dirs
> including one called share. In this there are a number of files and
> directories some (many) of which encode an absolute path to files in
> this area.
I didn't know the answer either, so I forwarded this to the kde-devel mailing
list. David Faure advised that it is a bug. The problem is that code that
writes paths should not use a generic writeEntry() call, but needs to use
writePathEntry() which should fix the absolute path.

The specific example that you provided:
<quote>
eg. in ~/.kde/share/config/startupconfigfiles, I have several refs to:
/home/bob/.kde/share/config/kcminputrc etc.
</quote>
comes from kdelibs/kinit/kdostartupconfig.cpp
[ based on
http://lxr.kde.org/search?v=3.5-branch&filestring=&string=startupconfigfiles ]

It is actually just a cache (it will be regenerated if it doesn't exist), so
you could just blow it away.

Brad