[clug] another KDE question

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Thu Jul 27 04:19:51 GMT 2006

Mainly for Brad, but if anyone else knows the answer...

In my home directory, KDE has put a directory .kde, with some sub-dirs
including one called share. In this there are a number of files and
directories some (many) of which encode an absolute path to files in
this area.

eg. in ~/.kde/share/config/startupconfigfiles, I have several refs to:
/home/bob/.kde/share/config/kcminputrc etc.

Is it possible to configure KDE at run-time to use relative paths
from the users home directory instead? If not, what about at build
time (I am using Kubuntu here, so I prefer not to rebuild)? If not
at all, then what is the thinking behind using these absolute paths?

The reason I am asking is two-fold:
  - moving my home directory causes issues
  - copying my home directory to be used as a template for others
	also causes issues.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.