[clug] Subversion for sysadmin tasks

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Mon Jul 31 07:12:30 GMT 2006

I looked into doing this as well. I am not sure that subversion is the
right way to do it for /etc, main issues I identified are:
  - ownership of files (when you extract from the repository, they all
	belong to you, but not all files in /etc are owned by root)
  - preserving permissions on the files
  - all those .svn directories lying around (and some of them are quite
	large).

Still, I haven't come up with a better way yet (so I don't use anything
at all... )

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.