[clug] SuSE ISOs available (9.3/10.1)

Darren Freeman daz111 at rsphy1.anu.edu.au
Mon Jul 17 08:49:54 GMT 2006

Hi all,

as some of you noticed, I suffered through downloading the SuSE ISOs for
9.3 and 10.1. Just the first 5 CDs (no add-ons). It looks like 9.3 has
the proprietary stuff muddled through the first 5 anyway but I think
with 10.1 everything is free if you don't have the add-on CD.

I got what I wanted - 9.3 does the job. So it's not a total loss.

Especially since I am now able to share them with people on the ANU
campus. Check out:

http://laserlabs.anu.edu.au/suse

This is physically the same machine as:

http://mandrake.anu.edu.au

If I decide I like SuSE enough I might put in the time to create a more
complete mirror with updates etc.

Enjoy!

Have fun,
Darren

PS if anybody finds a gaping security hole, please kindly let me know :)