[UNCLASSIFIED]RE: [clug] i945 mobo unable to boot SATA

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Fri Jul 14 00:32:43 GMT 2006

Hi Darren,

I recently set up a SATA based system using SuSE Pro 9.3 on an Intel D945GTP
and it's working fine.

There are two SATA disks plugged into the onboard controller. There's a 300 Mb
/boot (ext3) as the first slice on one, and /boot_backup on the other. The rest
of both disks is LVM on top of software RAID.

Let me know if anything in my config you might find useful.

Antti
P.S. The included Promise PCI SATA RAID card was junk. After fruiless efforts to
get it recognised, some research suggested it offers no real benefit over software
RAID anyway (except you can't upgrade buggy hardware).