[clug] QtParted with Knoppix

Michael Carden crash at michaelcarden.net
Mon Jan 16 19:33:01 GMT 2006

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 11:21 pm, Al Kabaila wrote:
> Hi,
>
> With Knoppix 4.0 DVD booted, I tried to use qtparted to adjust my hdb
> partition sizes, formatted with reiser file system.  No luck - the resize
> tool is greyed out.

Dredging my memory here. Two dim recollections come to mind.

1. Is hdb mounted read / write? Knoppix may be mounting it read-only.
2. Does the Knoppix user have permissions to write? May need to be root.

That said, with some (unremembered) quick fiddling, I have repartitioned
drives with Knoppix. Very handy on Winboxes.

MC