[clug] QtParted with Knoppix

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Mon Jan 16 21:16:19 GMT 2006

Al Kabaila wrote:
> Hi,
>
> With Knoppix 4.0 DVD booted, I tried to use qtparted to adjust my hdb
> partition sizes, formatted with reiser file system.  No luck - the resize
> tool is greyed out.  That in turn indicates that the operation is "illegal".
>
> Interestingly, hdb1 and hdb2 are fat32 partitions and the resize tool is
> active for those partitions.  Weird.
>
> Is it qtparted, knoppix or just poor old newbie that I am?

Parted will resize any partition and then will resize the fs
as well. However, it only knows how to resize ext2, ext3, fat
and fat32 according to the man page.

My parted also says
	GNU Parted 1.6.21 with HFS shrink patch 16
which may suggest it knows about hfs too? and the man page is
out of date.

You should check the version on your DVD.

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au) <http://samba.org/eyal/>
	attach .zip as .dat