[clug] March Meeting

Nerdvana - Steve Walsh S.walsh at nerdvana.com.au
Mon Feb 27 12:26:22 GMT 2006

Hi Cluggers

I know I'm getting in early for the March talk, but if there is enough
interest, I'm happy to give a talk on one of my recent contracts, the
implementation of a eduroam node and into (subsequent wireless upgrade of) a
client site's network.

from http://www.eduroam.org/

"eduroam which stands for Education Roaming, is a RADIUS-based
infrastructure that uses 802.1X security technology to allow for
inter-institutional roaming.

Being part of eduroam allows users visiting another institution connected to
eduroam to log on to the WLAN using the same credentials(username and
password)the user would use if he were at his home institution. Depending on
local policies at the visited institutions, eduroam participants may also
have additional resources at their disposal. All this with a minimum
administrative overhead. The program, which is based on inter-institutional
trust, originated in the Netherlands and is rapidly spreading across the UK,
Europe and now Australia."

Regards

Steve.