[clug] postfix with smarthost using TLS/Authentication

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Thu Feb 2 12:35:16 GMT 2006

On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 06:46:14PM +1100, David Collett wrote:
> Further research suggests that TLS/Auth to smarthost may be new in
> postfix 2.3 which I havent tried yet. Looks like exim may also work.
> Does anyone else use a setup like this?

I know exim4 does it because it's doing it on a system here. It's a
basic debian install and it seems to be using TLS on any server that
advertises support. I only noticed it was doing it by looking at the
logs but it is using TLS for places like csiro.au, optusnet.com,
tpg.com.au, au1.ibm.com and many other domains.

Don't ask me how to set it up though. I havn't done TLS for incoming
mail yet.

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog at svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/