[clug] postfix with smarthost using TLS/Authentication

Andrew Goodall andrew at fumpet.net
Wed Feb 1 21:28:33 GMT 2006

Hi David

I've never tried to configure Postfix with authentication between
MTAs in the way you describe, although I've had success with Postfix
for TLS between MTAs and TLS/SSL plus authentication for users.

With all due respect, the point of Internode providing an encrypted,
authenticated SMTP service to users available from any source network
is so that its as simple as configuring your MUA and there's no
requirement for running a dedicated MTA on your laptop.

Cheers,
Andrew