[clug] Re: A most interesting read, most interesting

Peter Anderson peter.anderson at internode.on.net
Sat Dec 30 06:54:29 GMT 2006

A little more grist to the mill:

How the anti-copyright lobby makes big business richer

A Photo Journalist explains how

...We're continually being told the Internet empowers the individual. But speaking as an individual creative worker myself, I'd argue that all this Utopian revolution has achieved so far in my sector is to disempower individuals, strengthen the hand of multinational businesses, and decrease the pool of information available to audiences. All things that the technology utopians say they wanted to avoid...

You can read the rest of this article at
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/12/29/photojournalism_and_copyright/

Regards,
Peter
--

Peter Anderson

E: peter.anderson at internode.on.net
W: http://www.users.on.net/~peter.anderson/
<http://www.users.on.net/%7Epeter.anderson/>
P: +61 (0)2 4472 2274
M: +61 (0)418 249 648

There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to
conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the
introduction of a new order of things — Niccolo Machiavelli, /The
Prince/, ch. 6