[clug] A most interesting read, most interesting

Randall Crook rcrook at vtown.com.au
Wed Dec 27 21:56:00 GMT 2006

OK, I am lost in this....

The only time I ever place a DVD in a computer is when I am away from home
and don't want to watch commercial TV. When I sit in front of a computer
its to do computer stuff. With the number windows I usually have open at
any time the last thing I want to do is use up valuable desktop real
estate by having the DVD window there.

If I want to have a DVD on in the background to listen to as I work, then
I use the DVD player connected to my TV.

Am I the only one who thinks that its is mainly "Geeks" who want
to play and copy DVD's on their PC? I mean seriously, when you can go into
woollies and buy a DVD player and TV for less than $150, whats the real
desperate need to have a PC play and copy DVDs????

You may say its good to be able to turn your PC into an entertainment
center, fine, then its no longer a PC is it?

Sigh, sometimes I think the world has gone mad.. With the world falling
apart ecologically, droughts and severe storms, famine and terrorists, a
large part of the population living on or below the povety line. And yet
we have the stinkingly rich people of this world wishing to take away the
fair use rights of every one and we have poeple crawling over each to get
the latest mobile phone that will do everything but scratch your left
testicle.

And here we are debating the fact that the greedy no longer want us to
have the ability to make copies of their product on our PCs.

What is wrong with this picture?

Shrug, I give up.

Be Well

Randall.

On Wed, December 27, 2006 23:41, Michael Cohen said:

<SNIP>

> Michael.

> --

Regards,