[clug] A most interesting read, most interesting

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Mon Dec 25 14:22:54 GMT 2006

On Mon, Dec 25, 2006 at 04:14:07PM +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:
> Linux is still an operating system developed by geeks and hackers for
> geeks and hackers. The disconnect between us and the non-technical end
> user is still vast, and too many of us like it that way and will
> actually defend our isolation as a virtue.
>
> When somebody with a degree in finance or architecture or can grab a
> Linux laptop and watch episodes of The Daily Show off of Comedy
> Central's website without a bearded Linux geek walking them through an
> elaborate hand-configuration process first, maybe we'll have a prayer.

Wait. We're trying for world domination? I must have missed the memo.

I'm working to make my system as productive as possible for me, so I
can do the things I want on my computer with a minimum of hassle. I'm
also here to make the most efficient and stable system for my employer
to build his business on.

Why is "winning" so important? What's the prize? I note the question
"Why do we want to win?" is never asked.

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog at svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/