[clug] A most interesting read, most interesting

Basil Chupin blchupin at tpg.com.au
Mon Dec 25 05:14:07 GMT 2006

Linux is still an operating system developed by geeks and hackers for
geeks and hackers. The disconnect between us and the non-technical end
user is still vast, and too many of us like it that way and will
actually defend our isolation as a virtue.

When somebody with a degree in finance or architecture or can grab a
Linux laptop and watch episodes of The Daily Show off of Comedy
Central's website without a bearded Linux geek walking them through an
elaborate hand-configuration process first, maybe we'll have a prayer.

http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/world-domination/world-domination-201.html#id247970

--
In a period of great joy and pleasure you are comforted by the thought
that tragedy is just around the corner.