[clug] Cabling your home and managing your boxen.

Sam Couter sam at couter.id.au
Mon Dec 4 20:35:06 GMT 2006

Paul Wayper <paulway at mabula.net> wrote:
> So what do other people do with their home boxen?

I have a small stand-alone cupboard courtesy of the guy I bought the
house off (he left two motorcycles too, but my solicitor said I should
let him take them away). It's not fancy and not all that great either. I
cut a lot of holes in the back for cables and airflow. I think I should
have just cut most of the back off, leaving just enough for rigidity.

It's not soundproof, but it does cut the sound down a lot. It sits in
the corner in my office. I haven't made any special arrangements for
extra airflow, relying on the case fans to move air. Also, no patch
panels or other cable management. Cheap.

The cupboard is 450mmx450mmx1.8m, just big enough to sit computers,
switches, access point, monitor and keyboard in.
Sam Couter         |  mailto:sam at couter.id.au