[clug] Vista launch date

Basil Chupin blchupin at tpg.com.au
Sat Dec 2 05:20:31 GMT 2006

Boyd Wilding wrote:
> Howdy.
>
> All the press coverage seems to be of the opinion that Vista will be
> publicly released (eg walk into Harvey Norman and buy a copy) to end lusers
> on Jan 30...where did you get the Jan 9th date from? (just out of morbid
> curiosity!).
>
> On 12/1/06, David Howe <david at qednet.biz> wrote:
>>
>> I came across an idea for January 9, the Vista launch date. Someone is
>> planning to give away copies of Ubuntu on the day, perhaps cluggers
>> might feel similarly inclined to commemorate the great day.
>>
>> david

I think that it was a typo and should have been 29 January and not 9 Jan.

The release date is scheduled for 29 January but you have to remember
that this is 24-hours behind us which is why you mention that the
release date to Hardly Normal is 30 January - "our" time.

Cheers.

--
In a period of great joy and pleasure you are comforted by the thought
that tragedy is just around the corner.