[clug] recommendations for "roadwarrior" VPN?

Andrew Goodall andrew at fumpet.net
Tue Aug 29 10:16:02 GMT 2006

Hi Brad

Have you considered OpenVPN? I've had some success with 'host-net'
but haven't tested it extensively.

http://openvpn.net/

Cheers,
Andrew

On 29/08/2006, at 7:22 PM, Brad Hards wrote:

I'm looking for a way to provide VPN for a small business. Right now
I have
ipcop (and it works nicely net-net, but I can't make it work host-
net, even
with a  Linux host).

So I'm looking for a solution that provides VPN access for laptop hosts
running windows and Linux (particularly Suse 10.1). I'd like
something that
is fairly easy to set up on windows, and obviously security is critical.

I'm happy to acquire additional hardware if that makes it easier.

Any suggestions?

Brad