[clug] MythTV on TransACT

Alex Osborne alex at mugofgrog.com
Wed Aug 23 13:55:35 GMT 2006

Ah, that could well explain it. I just tested with vlc and you seem to
be right - only 2 simultaneous streams work. I guess they must have
changed it; it's been a few years since I last played around with
TransTV and I seem to remember watching four channels at once. That
could just be memory corruption though.

Still, it needs some work on it before it fails reasonably. Each
different stream is treated as a separate tuner, so it often tries
to record multiple at once; if for example you have a show scheduled
 and you're watching  the fronted, or if two people are watching the
frontend and one changes channel. It usually then starts behaving
weirdly (even without my changes to the library) until you restart
the backend.

MC: I'll write something up this weekend then.

George Bray wrote:

TransACT limit the number of simultaneous streams that can be received
to 2 I think. This is so changing channels on a settopbox happens
quicker than the IGMP release occurs naturally.