[clug] MythTV on TransACT

Alex Osborne alex at mugofgrog.com
Tue Aug 22 07:18:15 GMT 2006

My MythTV box (inspired by last month's talk) is pulling it's data
from TransTV. :-) The latest CVS version of MythTV has a capture
source called "CRC IP Network recorder". It took me a bit of source
reading but I discovered if you have multicast routing setup properly
on your machine and specify a url like
udp://239.193.0.2:8208?multicast you'll get the TransTV stream. The
library CRC_IP uses though has quite dodgy multicast support and you
can't record more than one stream at once (it reports the port is
already in use). I hacked on the source a bit and got it sort of
working - but it often seems to get the streams confused and
overwrites one with the other. I'll probably eventually take another
look at it and fix it.

If anyone's interested let me know and I'll write up a guide on how to
build CVS MythTV and get it recording the TransTV streams. It will of
course only work if you have the i3 Moodbox STB, not the big black
Motorola one.

Alex