[clug] wireless PXE boot and pxe live

Christopher Zhang chris.zhang at anu.edu.au
Mon Aug 21 07:25:21 GMT 2006

Hi Bob,

I have an Intel PRO 3945 wireless card, it probably doesn't have a
PXE ROM on it.

The reason I asked if it was possible to boot from wireless was that
my laptop doesn't have a cd-rom, I wondered if I could just setup a
tftp server and install with nothing attached.

I did read about an article on the net that some guy got it working
even the wireless card didn't have a pxe. (probably most don't
anyway)  He used his normal network card to trick the system to
believe the wireless card has the capacity, something with do with
multicast, and did some other tricks, then using wireless just for
transmission if I remembered it right. I can't find the article anymore.

Cheers

Chris