[clug] Red Hat linux purchase

Steve Walsh Steve at nerdvana.org.au
Fri Aug 11 01:54:23 GMT 2006

Personally, I wouldn't equate Fedora to RHEL Workstation. If you
specifically need RHEL, and don't want to buy a copy, or can't find
somewhere locally, take a look at CENTOS (www.centos.org), which is just
RHEL Workstation with the RedHat branding removed from it.

AIUI, when you buy RHEL, you are actually buying access to the updates
and support, So the Centos team then work their way through the updates
as they become public and release them themselves.

Steve