[clug] wokstation for processing MRI data

Francis Whittle FJ.Whittle at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 11:59:14 GMT 2006

MRI processing for x86?  Ooog.  Not an application I'd have thought of
x86 for (mind you, I don't think with my wallet often).  SPARC and the
old (discontinued?) Silicon Graphics processors, yes.  PowerPC, maybe
(With the recent developments in SIMD especially), and it could even be
an application for CellBE.  But can x86 (even 64-bit x86) handle the
bandwidth requirements properly?