[clug] Bad Capacitors

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Wed Aug 2 03:20:00 GMT 2006

Some of you will remember that this bad capacitor issue is what caused
us so much grief with the Bunyip cluster back in 2001. Ended up
replacing 50 motherboards.

We have also been hit by it on Duron based NVidia mobos (similar to
X-Boxs, but for a PC) and more recently almost all the Dell Optiplex
GX270s on campus (over 500) have had motherbaords replaced for the
same reason.

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.