clug != clug (was Re: [clug] Unable to write to nfs mounted shares)

Stephen Rothwell sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Wed Apr 19 05:24:59 GMT 2006

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 15:10:37 +1000 Martin Pool <mbp at sourcefrog.net> wrote:

> On 19/04/2006, at 2:38 PM, Drew Parsons wrote:
> >
> > Yeah, but my point is that linux at lists.samba.org *is* a samba list...
> >
> > In other words, why the hell are we running this mailing list at
> > linux at lists.samba.org  and not at clug at clug.org.au (or whatever) ??
> >
> > We shouldn't get upset at people for misusing the clug list when the
> > list has such a hopelessly misappropriated address.
>
> I think it'd be good to change it to clug-list at clug.org.au, or even
> perhaps canberra-linux-users at clug.org.au.  Both domains point to the
> same machine so it should just need a couple of postfix or mailman
> changes.
>
> Would it be reasonable to bounce mail to linux at samba with an error
> giving the new address?

ok, for some time now linux at clug.org.au has been redirected to
linux at samba.org ... I can just as easily redirect enything else
@clug.org.au to linux at samba.org. I have put off suggesting moving the list
to clug.org.au because there has been some floated plans to move
clug.org.au to one of the Power5 partitions hosted at ANU.

I have not objections to moving the list - at least clug.org.au is
currently in Australia :-) (no offense to the current hosts of the list
who have done a stirling job).

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr at canb.auug.org.au