[clug] PCI wireless card

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Thu Sep 15 06:51:39 GMT 2005

Tim;

We tested the Cisco Aironet and a SMC (the exact model # is lost atm) for
our larger, static NerdBand nodes, with a lot of success in terms of out
right kernel support via compiled modules, and I used a Linksys WUSB11 USB
dongle (under Gentoo) that required the atmel drivers to be install and the
kernel modules loaded at bootup, until I upgraded laptops.

But as Mikal said, the PCI bus needs to be of a newer spec to be able to
support them fully.

Steve