[clug] Computer buildfest idea

Paul Wayper paulway at mabula.net
Mon Oct 31 10:43:21 GMT 2005

Robert Edwards wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just got an e-mail from a local well-known distributor who has a bunch
> of stuff he is unable to sell (old stock etc.). Reckons there might be
> enough for about 5 or 6 complete systems. If we decide to go ahead with
> this idea, he will deliver the stuff to ANU and then collect (his) left-
> overs and dispose of.
>
> So, looks to me like we should probably go ahead with this build/install
> fest idea. When are people up for it? I'll open the bidding with a
> Saturday morning - say 12th Nov.?

Well, I'll be there if I can - I'll have had all four wisdom teeth out on the
Thursday (which also means I'll miss the Programming SIG too, curse curse) so
I'll probably still be mumbling and doped up to the eyeballs.  Still, some
might consider this an improvement on my usual level of coherence :-)

But go with the 12th as a first 'start the ball rolling' date and we'll see
how it turns out.  Unless there are other good reasons to have it the
following Saturday...

Have fun,

Paul