[clug] grub

Jsparksaa at cs.com Jsparksaa at cs.com
Sun Oct 30 06:28:33 GMT 2005

All,

  Thank you to all who replied.  I am sorry to report that the machine fixed itself.

  After I posted my first message last night, I found this web site: http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/grub/grub.htm and It told me how to create a boot floppy.  I did so, booted the machine and left it running.  I returned to the machine tonight, read the suggestions for repairs and was trying to decide which suggestion to use first.  I rebooted the machine and it booted normally!!!  (I had tried at least three times last night and each time I had the same grub halt.)

  Last year, I installed my first linux machine at home and now I run 2 linux and 1 windows.  I came across this CLUG thread accidently whe I had been looking for Samba help and I thought I was signing up to a Samba list.  I almost dropped off of the list after I saw that it seemed to originate in Australia, but I recognised that a lot of good information was being exchanged here.  So I have mostly lurked and I have tried to absorb the collective knowledge that has been presented.

  I appreciate the the help provided and I am embarrased that the problem seems to have fixed itself.

  Jim