[clug] grub

Rainer Klein rklein at tpg.com.au
Sat Oct 29 13:30:08 GMT 2005

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 10:00 pm, linux-request at lists.samba.org wrote:
> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 22:52:13 -0400
> From: Jsparksaa at cs.com
> Subject: [clug] grub
> To: linux at lists.samba.org
>
> All,
>
>   I am running SuSe 9.1. I rebooted the machine tonight and the process
> simply gave me the message "GRUB" and the machine halted.  I am able to
> boot into a "rescue" mode, from a CD with limited functionality, but I do
> not know how to start to diagnose / fix the problem.  Any hints are greatly
> appreciated.
>
>   Jim

Boot your system with your SuSE CD and start as a normal booting process.
Select "Installation" and your "Language" on the next screen. At the third
screen you can "Select the Installation Mode". Choose "Repair Installed
System" and have YaST doing all the necessary step for you. - Its a powerfull
utility which can be used to check and correct many areas of an installed
SuSE system. This includes GRUB.

Rainer