[clug] grub

Basil Chupin blchupin at tpg.com.au
Sat Oct 29 11:56:08 GMT 2005

Jsparksaa at cs.com wrote:
> All,
>
>   I found instructions to create a boot floppy and I am now able to boot into the system from the floppy.
>
>   I am still looking for a fix so that I can boot from the harddisk instead of the floppy.  Suggestions are much appreciated.
>
>   Jim
>

> Jsparksaa at cs.com wrote:
>

>>All,
>>
>> I am running SuSe 9.1. I rebooted the machine tonight and the process simply gave me the message "GRUB" and the machine halted.  I am able to boot into a "rescue" mode, from a CD with limited functionality, but I do not know how to start to diagnose / fix the problem.  Any hints are greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Jim

Control Centre/Yast2 Modules/System/Bootloader/Bootloader
Installation/Other/ReRead Configuration from Disk/Finish and the
configuration for grub will be rewritten to disk.

(Above from doing a "dry" run and without actually redoing my grub setup
but,from memory, it is what I did a while back on SuSE 9.3 when I was
fooling around on my test computer and things got a bit messed up. Also,
the above are from SuSE 10 but the Bootloader is still to be found in
the Yast modules.)

Cheers.

--
In a period of great joy and pleasure you are comforted by the thought
that tragedy is just around the corner.