[clug] Game plan for this Coda hackfest?

Andrew Pollock andrew-clug at andrew.net.au
Fri Oct 21 11:10:40 GMT 2005

On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 08:00:30PM +1000, Alex Satrapa wrote:
> On 20 Oct 2005, at 09:19, Andrew Pollock wrote:
>
> >So we've nominally got a bit of a tinker with CodaFS at this month's
> >meeting, but no real game plan...
> >
> >So, anyone got any ideas for a game plan? Alternatively, does
> >anyone want to
> >give a talk?
>
> I'll bring a couple of my old Pentium computers, some networking gear
> and sources for the 2.6 kernel. I'll try to locate some Coda support
> software, to try to minimise downloads for the night.

I'd strongly advise against having everyone sit around waiting for kernels
to compile.

> Those who want to mess with Coda can play with this stuff on one side
> of the room, guess we could have a social networking session on the
> other?

I'm happy to give an impromptu (read: probably slideless) talk, extolling
the virtues of LVM (Kim Holburn can throw things from the peanut gallery)
and doing a bit of a demo with some of Mikal's hardware.

regards

Andrew