[clug] Linux on Compaq B1801TU?

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Thu Nov 17 09:22:08 GMT 2005

I'm working myself up to a new laptop - the old one appears to have some
emerging fan noise....

I was looking at a Sony, but after the last DRM example, I'm avoiding Sony on
principle.

The emerging favourite is a Compaq B1801TU. I'd apprecate some advice if
anyone has tried Linux with this system. If not, any experience with the
"Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900" video system would also help.

Alternative suggestions (just as long as it has a fast processor, a big drive,
and weighs less than 2kg) would also be great.

Brad