[clug] Computer buildfest idea = linux Digest, Vol 35, Issue 1

Red Phoenix intersect at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 03:28:52 GMT 2005

Subject to the wife not going into labour that weekend, I'm interested.

2 x Celerons (600/667 - just the CPUs)
A floppy drive
15" monitor
Around 3 or 4 network cards
A couple of audio cards
A nice big tower-sized case (old - P166 vintage) .. system works, but has a
really noisy power supply.. might be useful as a firewall/gateway machine if
someone needs it, but I anticipate junking most/all of it.
A few PS2 mice/keyboards potentially.
2xPC133 128Mb Simms
.. maybe a printer (if I can get it back in time).
Possibly a SGI widescreen LCD monitor (with a wierd connector though - not
sure how useful it will be).

I've been hunting for a way to get a windows-locked relative away from her
old Pentium2-based machine. If I can draw here onto linux with the promise
of a slightly quicker machine, that would be great. ;)

Regards,

Leigh.