[clug] Querying an Active Directory server via ldapsearch
foobie at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 00:10:17 GMT 2005
I am currently trying to query our shiny new AD servers - initially to
retrieve contact details. I seem to have pretty much run up against a brick
I have been playing around with ldapsearch and trying to throw together bits
from random google searches but have not had anything that seems to be
remotely close to success.
Things I know;
* We are running windows server 2003.
* I know an IP address (and possibly a port) of a service that appears to be
* I have access to a workstation (with some kinda-admin rights) that can
query the ldap server.
* I can capture LDAP packets and get confused as to what they are meant to
* Just pointing an ldapclient at the server and asking for the whole tree
receives (the predictable) result of being told to go away.
Things I have not much idea about:
* The exact scheme in use here,
Does someone know of a good howto or at least some kind of newbie
description of how LDAP is meant to work & Authenticate in the weird MS
More information about the linux