[clug] Computer buildfest idea = linux Digest, Vol 35, Issue 1

Ben shadroth at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 02:19:12 GMT 2005

On 11/2/05, smattila at tpg.com.au <smattila at tpg.com.au> wrote:

> Gentlemen, count me in. I am looking something over
> 1.5 GHz (Intel speed), 512 MB RAM, Linux compatible
> display card (nVIDIA). Also a few RH-06 IDE mobile racks
> (removable HD caddies). I can bring in Ethernet cards,
> a 120 GB disk and SuSE 9.1.

I've got two 80 wire IDE HDD complete caddies (5 1/4 "drive" and caddy)
They're Laser brand, with a sticker reading "2206" on them, if they
would be any help. One's missing a fan but I could be tempted to bring
a nice ceramic replacement.

Is that 120GB disk for the system you're making, or for "the public
good". If the latter, what's the brand, model, interface and year?

Does anyone need:

old Cat5 and use of crimping gear
Athlon XP genuine heatsink+fan
Athlon 64 genuine heatsink+fan
Other heatsinks(+fans)
Zip 100 drive.
A motherboard with RAMBUS support, ram, ram-terminator? one of them is
not working, I'm not sure which... I just had it left with me.
Rare?: Matrox  VGA -> SVIDEO+Composite cable (Only way to get TV-Out
on a G400 Dualhead from memory)

Game Consoles - with optical drives that read CDs, but not DVDs (i.e. all games)
An early model (easier to mod, so more OS options) Xbox 1.01 or 1.02 I think.
2 PS2s (the old "big" type, one might work, I haven't checked it yet.
I payed a bit for them a while back (thinking they were working) so
it'd be nice to get some parts in exchange. There's a few extra
controllers and some PS1 memory cards as well.

I've got a other more "vintage" items, but that's probably the only
good stuff that I'm willing to part with.

I've got a few virtually identical PII-350s, but I thought they might
make for a good thin-client experiment, unless there's some
alternative recommendations.

Regards,

Ben